Friday, August 6, 2010

Alaska to Glacier National Park



Friday, Aug. 6, 2010

We have been so busy and so I will try to catch up with some of the things we have done.

We left Alaska, after a wonderful , busy, fun and educational time.
We were not able to come through British Columbia as we planed. There was a forest fire and we didn't want to wait around until road opened up. Friend who followed the next day couldn't get through and said the smoke was real bad.

Going through Alberta again was a treat. It was fun seeing the change in land and products they produce. The have oil and gas also so I think they must be a rich Provence.

WE went through Glacier National Park and it was fantastic. Al has been there before and wanted me to see it. I guess I expected to see more Glaciers after being in Alaska , but there were a few. The mountains were fantastic and the waterfalls were great.

I'm so fascinated by the different looks of the mountains. It's like they have their own personality.

WE traveled 8 hours today and we are at a campground near the entrance of Yellowstone in a town called Gardiner, Montana. We will go in tomorrow. We hope to go through to the other in and go to Jackson Hole in the Grant Teton's . WE are doing a lot in a day.

We have seen animals along the way.



Hugs until I can get time and get on again.

Safe and fun time for you all, Hugs R & A

1 comment:

Hotesses Marseille said...

I love Alaska's Glacier National Park and it was fantastic. That's a beautiful place to spend our leaves.