Friday, August 20, 2010

Trip Home to Maine









Friday , August 20, 2010


When we left Medora ND, We traveled through MN, WI, IL . We thought we would save mileage and time , we went the toll road. It lead us right into Chicago. That was a long inch by inch experience. We will never to that again. When you haven't been to an area and don't know the roads you don't know the traffic, it's hard to make the right travel plans. Just make notes so you don't do it again.
Our driver's side level Jack stared to give us problems. We couldn't find an RV service place that was available, all were two or more weeks behind. The jack company said you are coming right by so stop in. We went to Elkhart, IN. The company looked at what was needed, got the part and got a mechanic . We left the Coach and went to the RV Hall of Fame







This is a tub.










This was an exciting place to see how the RVs, from tent trailers up have improved.

Another place for you to visit. Check, Face book, I can put more pictures there.

After Having the Jack fixed we spent the night in Pa and NH, arriving home, Sunday around Noon.

Al got busy and washed the Coach and the van. I emptied the Coach, started the laundry and defrosted the refrigerator.
Then, I had to tackle, the mail. Three months of credit cards and bank statement among others. That's the only big job about traveling, is the mail when I get home. I hate mail.

Al's daughter had a big crop of peaches, I never knew peaches would grow in Maine. So we made two batches of peach jam. One batch a day.


I haven't done this for many years. SOOOO good.





I'm still trying to catch up with things.
We will start on the coach, Cleaning it and restocking it and get it ready for the trip to Florida.
I guess I'm up to date with you all.
I will try to write weekly if I have any exciting things to tell you about.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and remember , MAKE YOUR OUR MEMORIES.
Love & Hugs A & R

No comments: